Logging of blocked websites

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by wolliballa, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolliballa

wolliballa Registered Member

Maybe I am to stupid to evaluate all logs presented by NOD32, but I am really missing a log of blocked websites incl. timestamp.
    Is this just not available? Or can someone guide me.

If this is not a current feature I would well like it to see on future releases, better asap.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There's a log with blocked websites in v6.

3. Niels

Niels Registered Member

What you can do in the meantime is creating a filter. Go to the logfiles section click on Filter, by find type : http . Now you will only see the blocked websites. You will also see the time stamps.

4. wolliballa

Thanks, sounds logical, but apparently I am not able to produce a list following your guideline although websites have been blocked frequently over the last days due to an infection trying to 'phone home'.....

I do have a German version but believe to have selected the right pre-choice of events ( to be honest tried all ).

5. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Open the Eset GUI, go to the "tools" section, log-dateien, be sure that in the drop down menu : "Erkannte Bedrohungen" is selected. Now press on the Filter button, type http in the first field that you can type in and press on ok. Normally now you will only see which malcious websites were blocked, and the other detected infections aren't showed.

6. wolliballa

That is exactly what I did. However I did a system restore, could it be that the logfiles are gone with that?
    I will check it out next time. Thanks for assistance

7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Blacklisted sites are logged | maintained at ESET's Virus Lab. This would be an excellent future change to the software, as a blocked site or an element of a malicious URL only yields a block flag and dialogue box.
    The v6 engine is in Beta, btw.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This feature is already in v6 RC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.