Log msg: too many archives embedded

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by axial, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axial

axial Registered Member

I'm scanning a set of files with NOD32 ver 3, 669, WinXP. The files were recovered through a disk recovery service.

Many entries in the log file read <path\filename> and then a series of up to 11 "MIME" and finally "too many archives embedded"

All of the specified files are .mbx files from Eudora. As it turns out they don't need to be retained so I can just delete them anyhow, but I would welcome comments on whether there is an effective limit to how long the path names can be for NOD.

2. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, I need to investigate your question about path name lengths, but the 'too many archives embedded' error can be addressed by using the command line scanner instead of the gui scanner, as the command line scanner doesn't limit the amount of nested archives you can scan. Here's a Knowledgebase article that talks about the ecls.exe command.

http://www.eset.com/support/kb.php?option=com_kb&Itemid=29&page=articles&articleid=565

3. axial

axial Registered Member

Thank you for your reply, Eryan, I'll try the command line scanner next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.