Log file

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Roblister, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roblister

Roblister Registered Member

I am new to NOD32 having installed it today. Is it possible to access the log file as a text file so I can print and examine it. Or is it only accessible from the Tools/Logfiles to view.

Thanks.

2. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

You can export the log (as .txt/.dat or .xml) in that window. (right click --> export)

3. Roblister

Thank's for that. Much appreciated.

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

There is no installer text file that exists that I know of that one could view what was installed where and to what Regsitry trees and subkeys, etc.

Other than exporting your settings to keep in the event of a reinstallation, there is no way to view what was installed as a log file, per se.

5. Roblister

Sorry I didn't explain very well. I wasn't asking for an installation text file. I was asking if there was a text version of the log file produced after a scan/cleanup so that I coiled store it and examine at leisure later. Bbramb kindly answered the question explaining there was an export command found by right clicking on the log file screen.

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

My apologies for having misunderstood your post. Good to know that you have the information that you require.

Actually ESET could use this information as viewing a scan log by the ususal means as difficult in preparing a new ESET KB article to that effect.

Exporting the scan file (which I have yet to experiment in doing) would be much easier for a number of reasons, especially organisations that require logs from workstations.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.