Local Area Connection IP Address

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I had Win 7 working fine on my other laptop. It has started giving me trouble connecting to the internet. The troubleshooting completes. Tells me its resolved and I continuously get a "Local Area Connection doesnt have a valid IP configuration". The wireless network says "Unidentified Network" No Internet Access. I tried uninstalling and reistalling the drivers and it didnt work.

It started happening after I uninstalled Jetico Personal Firewall. Now I cant get net access via ethernet or wireless.

2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

My thought would be that there is a problem with the PC accessing the secured wireless network. You might want to try setting up the PC in question as part of the network again.

3. whitedragon551

Already is. Its connected via ethernet. I dont get a connection that way. Its got the wireless credentials and the WPA2 Personal key correct.

I think its a problem with DHCP somehow. Atleast from what I could google. I tried all the fixes for it and none worked. Ive tried ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew, and resetting the wireless settings via netsh. I have an IP of 169.254.129.22

4. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Already tried this?
    And how about this utility?

5. whitedragon551

Did the winsock fix via netsh linked above. Didnt work.

6. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

That's private IP address when it starts with 169.x. Open cmd session and do ipconfig release and renew and reboot the system. You might have to unistall the driver for the wireless if it still doesn't work. Then reboot the system and then re-install the driver or let Windows 7 do it. To get it to work. Sounds like something is corrupted.

7. whitedragon551

Already did as stated in last post. It didnt work.

8. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    169.254.xxx.xxx is an IP that Windows will auto assign itself when it cannot detect a DHCP service to give it an IP address during bootup.

We can assume your network is fine, that your router is working fine and did work with Windows 7 since your PC worked before uninstalling that software firewall. You mentioned you tried the netsh reset, but did you try any of the Winsock repair utilities (some of which can do a bit more than just the netsh reset at the prompt).

Try a system restore to date prior to uninstalling that Jetico?

Try reinstalling that Jetico software? I haven't heard of issues coming from Jetico..usually it's Zone Alarm that's the common software firewall which screws up PCs..esp after uninstall.

9. whitedragon551

Dont have system restore on. It takes up to much space. Cant get Jetico without the net.

I did try to repair via some Winsock commands. Those didnt work either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.