List of files included in an incremental backup??

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Howard Kaikow, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Yesterday, I did the first incremental backup with build 3567.

The backup phase was so much faster than with build 2337, I won't feel comfortable unless I can find a way to determine which files were backed up during the backup phase. How can I do that?

I also noted that the verify phased seemed slower than with build 2337, but it's like watching a pot of wate rboil, the verify phase will always seem slow(er).

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Howard,

I'm afraid that it is not possible to see what files were included into incremental backup. Actually, the technology of incremenal backup creation does not allow to see them, because it is based on the sector-by-sector snapshot comparison and not on the file-by-file comparison.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. Howard Kaikow

I was afraid that would be your answer.

The alternative, ugly as it may be, is to:

1. Mount all volumes from the full backup.
    2. Use a program to create a listing of all files in all the virtual drives from the full backup.
    3. Mount all volumes from the incremental bckup.
    4. Use a program to create a listing of all files in all the virtual drives from the incremental backup.
    5. Compare the two listing files.

4. Howard Kaikow

Another alternative, perhaps?

Is there a True Image SDK enabling one to program using a True Image object?

Prefer VB 6, but could use VB.NET or C# or C/C++ .NET.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Howard,

I'm afraid that there is no other option than to mount incremental images and compare the file listings of the resulting virtual drives.

Please also note that the information related to Acronis True Image development is for internal use only and therefore can not be published.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. Howard Kaikow

I'm well on my way to creating a program to do the deed, but heck, if Acronis can keep secrets, so can I!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.