"list file" functionality missing

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by photo1012, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photo1012

photo1012 Registered Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Hi -

I am running RVS 3.1.8685.5242-REL under Windows XP Home with latest updates installed. I am a new user and new poster. I think that this is a great product and particularly enjoy the increased performance vs. a traditional AV. Thanks.

I have two concerns, both coming up under "Tools\File Manager\Define list\" :

"List File:" (lower left) always comes up as, "Not defined". Correct if I have never used this before, otherwise, I think, incorrect. If I "Export List..." or "Import List..." the disk file name displays correctly until I leave this screen. When I come back - same session or not - so does "Not defined".

A minor issue is that "Update List" is always grayed out. Changing the list makes no difference. I can "Export List..." to an existing list file by agreeing to overwrite it, but isn't that what update should do?

Am I alone in this?
    Any thoughts?
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Sep 18, 2006
    Hi photo1012 and welcome to the forums :)

You need to define the list before you can save the list... IOW, you need to populate the FM list with the files you want to save following a restart when using the virtualization. Once added to the list, you need to click the "update selected" option in the tray icon or toolbar from time to time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.