Linux Mint 15 “Olivia” released!

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Kerodo, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Re: Linux Mint 15 Olivia on Nvidia-ed laptop - Perfection?

I'd say yes - but the new Linux Deepin Desktop - based on GNOME 3 - could give Cinnamon a run for the money and become a worthy contender in the ease of use Linux desktops world. :thumb:

2. PastTense

PastTense Registered Member

Norman, the ease of use crowd (of which I am one) requires a large user base--because when something goes wrong, you need people around who have experienced similar problems to give you advice (we need a lot of hand holding).

3. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

The entire idea behind ease of use is so you can get up to speed with minimal hand-holding! It should be easy to run a Linux operating system from the moment you boot it up. If you have to do more than setting up a few things, you may want to move on.

4. PastTense

PastTense Registered Member

That's the theory, but something always goes wrong somewhere--whether when you are first setting it up or a month later. It's always happened to me for all types of software except the most limited function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.