Linux: Install a million games in one click!

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hi all,

I don't usually posting about games here, but this is just too good not share with everyone.

Linux gamers, the holidays must have come early. Rejoice and rejoice doubly shall ye.

I've written an article about djl and GameStore, two extremely powerful yet simple game management utilities for Linux a-la Steam Valve in Windows, allowing you to search, browse and install hundreds of Linux games in a single mouse click.

You will love this. No nonsense, no command line, nothing. Click, install, play. Even my pet pirate parrot could do it, if it could operate the mouse.

I believe you'll enjoy this tremendously.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/games/linux-million-games.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

So far I have only played a few flash games. Not really a gamer but now maybe I will be tempted to try out a game or two :)
    Great find and article. :thumb:

3. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Wow, i went to djl's website and noticed i had it bookmarked. Why didn't i try it?

Thank you Mrk!
    I think i might take it for a spin, since you enjoyed it so much. One question: can i use it to, for instance, install games in /opt and they won't touch the rest of the fs? (excepting /home of course, for options, data and so on)

4. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Until there are dedicated drivers for gaming mice in Linux, I don't think I'll ever be able to consider it as a viable gaming platform. The increase in sharpness and accuracy of my Razer Krait in Win7 compared to Ubuntu is astounding.

5. phaedrus

phaedrus Registered Member

Noticed UFO wasn`t in the Mint repos. Used djl to install it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.