Linksys E2000 and HP G-60-125NR Notebook PC "Local Access only" issue!

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ratchet, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I searched both Linksys Forum and the internet and will post the issue on HP and other forums. The issue appears to be common and I've tried many of the fixes without success. While in Boston over Thanksgiving I setup a new network (and new E2000) at my daughters home. The PC connects to the home network but can not access the internet unless it is hard wired to the router. Three other laptops all were able to access the internet wirelessly. As I stated, I tried many fixes I found online but cannot get "Local Access only" disabled. Help would be appreciated!

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. ratchet

Thank you JR! The more options available the greater the chance of fixing the problem. I'm home now so I can't delve into this unless she plugs it into the router and I work on it remotely. Being the mother of a three year old and a five month old and a grad student, plus not techy inclined limits her input. I may have her install TeamViewer so I can remotely try some more possible resolutions.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

ratchet, you're welcome! TeamViewer is not a bad idea and here's a TeamViewer Portable version, from PortableApps.com, just in case.

Let us know what you find. Take care.

5. ratchet

Dang! Wish I'd have had this link ("Troubleshoot a Lost Internet Connection on a Wireless Network with Vista") last week. I'm going to have her husband try and see what happens. Thanks again JR!

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I personally own a Linksys WRT154N and this happens frequently when there's power outtages/failures.

In my experience, it happens when the Router (Linksys) loses the ip configuration, and no matter how many times you unplug/plug it, it never works.
    The only way i can fix it is by resetting both devices completely (Reset button on back)

1. Unplug both devices.
    2. Reset both devices by pushing the reset button at least 90 seconds. (Just to make sure :D)
    3. Connect power cord to the modem and wait until it finishes booting. (This can take minutes, be patient)
    4. After the modem have finished booting, connect the line (Phone line or Fiber line) and wait until all the internet LED's on the modem are on and have stopped blinking. (This also takes time sometimes, PATIENCE)
    5. Connect the Linksys router and wait until it finishes booting. (This step usually takes like 30 sec on my router)
    6. Plug the modem LAN into the Linksys and VOILA!

Disclaimer: This method have NEVER failed me, so it's all based in my experience after spending a whole day figuring out why it didn't work. :D

BTW, sometimes it happens because the ROUTER default IP is HAVING CONFLICTS with your ROUTER.
    If you want more info just ask, i've tired for now :D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  7. ratchet

I did go through the whole rebooting of the modem and router but only for around 30 seconds. That is something easy for her to shut down both for a while. Thank you!

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Did it work for you? :D

9. ratchet

I'll have her husband try this weekend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.