limited user account

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by sevenup, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenup

sevenup Registered Member

limited user account

I reformatted my trusty rusty pc.

I set up a password protected account and then set up a limited user account.

I then instaled Returnil (password protected) on my admin account.

I just noticed (weeks later) that my limited user account had been converted to an account with administrative privileges. (scary)

My question is:
    If a hacker has the ability to change something like this why would he/she go through the trouble to do so? They already have control/power over my system so what would be the advantage to the hacker to change privilege?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Curious...., how much activity did you engage in from the Admin level account?

Blue

3. sevenup

sevenup Registered Member

Not very much but I did do several things. I found that I needed adobe. Then I needed a flv player. I only went into my admin account when I needed something downloaded and installed.

I also used my flash drive multiple times. I thought that I had discovered that my flash-drive bypassed admin privileges but now I am wondering if my admin privileges had just been changed prier to me using my flash drive.

I used software that I saved to my flash drive to bypass admin privileges (or so I thought). So I would use software off of my flash many times before I discovered that my privileges had been changed.

Now I am wondering if my admin privileges had been changed prier to me using my flash drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.