Licence not valid for updates

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by zarzenz, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

May 19, 2002
    About 2 weeks ago I received an email from ESET UK informing me that I could have a free upgrade to NOD32 V3.

I went to the download as linked in the email. However even though it appeared to download successfully after entering my current licence details, on trying to run the install I got some sort of error message which from memory was to do with the windows installer.

So... I left the whole operation as at the time there was also what seemed like bad reports on this forum of bugs and problems etc.

Anyway, today I decided to try again as some people seem to find it ok and I do like to have the latest versions of software if possible.

This time I didn't go to the download via the email link, but instead found it myself using the ESET UK site. I entered my licence details again and the 15Mb download to my XP started and completed fine.

Then I ran the download after uninstalling V2.7... no problems at all... it installed perfectly this time.

However, now I have a problem.

On connecting to the net, the program kicks in the auto update, and then it tells me my licence details are not valid.

I am using my current username/password and I was allowed to download the program using these same details. Also ESET UK told me in the email that I could upgrade to the Antivirus V3 for free using my current details.

Is this a known issue?

I wish to continue using V3 as it looks good... first impressions of the interface are encouraging. Obviously I will need to evaluate it now myself but if it is not updating the latest definitions then I will be forced to return to V2.7 in a very short period of time.

EDIT> It is updating now. Not sure why, but whatever the reason, I'm able to continue using V3 so it should be interesting to see how it works out for me.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.