Licence comparison

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Alphard, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alphard

Alphard Guest

Hi.

I am considering purchacing TDS-3 for our institute. However we have a number of computers that are not used for long periods of time sometimes and it wouldn't be cost effective to purchace a licence for all of them. Therefore I want to know the differences between regular and roving licences.

As I understand roving licence allows you to use the program on any number of machines if you delete it before you install it on another machine. OK.. that I understand.

However what are the restrictions on a regular licence then? Usually it is allowed to install a program on another computer anyways, if I delete it from another one beforehand? Or is this not allowed? And if not then why? I am still using only 1 program at a time? Its not even installed on several machines?

Thanks in advance,
    Alphard

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Alphard, The roving licence is more for technicians that need to use TDS3 as part of their diagnostic tools.
    A home licence can be used on any one home machine but you would need to uninstall from one home machine before installing on another.

HTH Pilli

3. Alphard

Alphard Guest

Thanks for the quick reply.

So if I understand this correctly:

It is allowed to use a normal licence if i say.. intend to create a script that will run TDS-3 on a subnet of machines. -> installing it, copying updated database file, running scan, uninstalling it, going on to next machine.

I realise this might look funny to some of u guys but im from an educational facility in a not so very well off country and we just cannot afford numerous licences but we still need protection.

Alphard

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Can I suggest that you contact support@diamondcs.com.au with your details, they can then advise you if or what educational discounts may apply.

Pilli

5. Alphard

Alphard Guest

Thanks, I will do that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.