Lenovo Client Services Service/TPM issue with Beta 1a

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by SutterCane, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SutterCane

SutterCane Registered Member

Had an issue with Beta 1a on my Lenovo Thinkpad T60, which has a Trusted Platform Module (TPM 1.2) Security Chip.

After the second reboot following installation of Beta 1a the Lenovo Client Services Solution software (which works with the TPM chip and fingerprint reader for authentication) would hang on the standard message "Checking the status of the embedded security chip". This had the effect of locking me out of the computer completely in both normal and safe mode with networking. I believe it was due to firewall component blocking local loopback connection between the software and services (or something like that). Yuck :/

Booting into standard safe mode worked, but normally you can't uninstall the software in safe mode since the Windows Installer service isn't running (brilliant). Simply disabling Eset service and startup didn't help either--still hung on reboot. Ultimately found and used this solution to enable the service:

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=194828

Once that was done, I was able to uninstall the Eset suite in safe mode then reboot and log in normally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.