Leak Tests

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Rmus, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

In a few articles about firewall leaktests, I've seen comments like, "they use exploits that could be used by hackers creating trojans."

ZoneAlarm commenting on the Firehole Leaktest: "Because FireHole is a theoretical exploit at this time (we're not aware of any known instances in the wild, but are on the lookout and would be very interested to hear of any you come across)"

Has anyone found any documented trojan attacks that have used any of the exploits that these leaktests test for?

thanks,

-rich

2. ronser

ronser Registered Member

I do not have any documented trojan attacks on my system however just this morning I went to the Firewall Leak Test Web site and tried to download the Firehole tester and my AntiVirus Software immediately stopped it from executing stating it was a Suspected Trojan. Naturally I quit the Web Site and deleted the .exe file from my system. I would rather be safe than sorry.

ron

3. FatalChaos

FatalChaos Registered Member

They aren't trojans, but they act like one to test your firewall security so many heurestics detect them as trojans. They do not actually do anything harmful though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.