Lavasoft AdAware and MRU Entries

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

When running Lavasoft's AdAware program, after the scan I get notification about a list of items (MRU list) that can be deleted, but are not a significant threat. :doubt:

What is your recommendation?
    1. Should I delete these entries that have a "negligible" impact on security, or leave them there?
    2. I see they are all registry entries. Will I harm the stability of my PC if I remove them?
    Thanks in advance. :)

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I've removed them plenty of times....they're just Most Recently Used......and like adaware says...they are negligible.
    You probably don't need to remove them anyway......BTW they go into quarantine anyway.....so they can be recovered (if need be).
    I've been removing them ever since upgrading to Adaware SE.
    Cheers.

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

D&C - I always go ahead and delete them, and as of yet I haven't witnessed/experienced any problems from doing so.

Given that nothing untowards happens when they're removed, that makes the entries themselves simply un-necessary junk - removal indicated simply because they are junk.

This is typical of mine:

Attached Files:

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

There's no harm done in deleting those MRU entries. They are just useless junk for clearing out.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004
  5. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

For me they are a non-issue, I have configured Adaware not to even scan for them! But I do use Javacool's MRU-Blaster regularly, so I have no need for Adaware to be 'on the case'!

6. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

One would assume that if MRU-Blaster was handling them, then AA wouldn't be finding them. Pete

7. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Some of the MRU entries are useful to soem people so I ten d to leave them alone

In my case I use the Word most recent docs list and several others including Media most recent played list etc

It's all down to personal choice and unless it's a shared computer and you don't want someone else using the computer to be able to track what you have been looking at then I leave them

8. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Sometimes I delete them, sometimes I don't. Does not seem to make any noticable difference to the general user.

Jimbob

9. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Understood. Thanks for everyone's input. :)

10. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

AA doesn't find them 'cos I've configured it not to look for them!!!

Actually, there are a lot of MRU's out there and AA and MRU-Blaster do not necessarily find all the same MRU's . AA will find some that Blaster won't find and vice versa. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.