Latest Returnil for 64 bits?

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by karad, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karad

karad Registered Member

Returnil states its program is for 32bits only,but i've read somewhere it could be used in 64bits as well, i am slightly confused.
    I need to install Returnil-if possible-in a friend computer who had the misfortune of not being able to wait for W7 release and got Vista & Norton preinstalled as usual and it is also a 64bits OS.
    Will latest premium version work in 64bits machines?
    I'd greatly appreciate a yes or no from Coldmoon....

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi karad,
    No, the current generation is for x32. Look for x64 in the 3x generation...

3. coen99

coen99 Registered Member

indication date 3x generation ?
    April, May, June 2009?
    or more like 3rd quarter of 2009 ?

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

We are currently in the internal beta stage for the first builds of the 3x gen and plan to begin a round of limited feild testing as soon as possible before we release it for general public testing.

The first builds will not have x64 compatibility to complete the initial testing runs for the new features in x32. x64 compatibility is however on the roadmap for this generation...

5. caspian

caspian Registered Member

You know it really sucks that Vista 64 bit is so incompatible with so many products. Sandboxie won't work with it either. And they don't seem to offer any hope for a future version that will. I am very thankful that Returnil will eventually have this problem solved.

I have two computers. I use Returnil on my XP and I love it. I feel like I'm walking around naked without it, hehe!:argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.