Laptop unusable while applying downloaded updates

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Jedis, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedis

Jedis Registered Member

Never had this problem before. My laptop comes to a dead halt when applying downloaded updates. My bluetooth mouse becomes unresponsive and I cannot start or switch to any programs.

Also, when resuming from standby, my bluetooth mouse cannot reconnect because as soon as the system comes out of standby, ESS is downloading/applying new updates, so system is frozen/locked until it's done doing whatever it's doing. Then I need to go into control panel, turn off bluetooth and turn it on again to get my mouse working.

What can be done to fix this problem? Was using v669 and saw there was an update to v672, so I installed it. I didn't have any problems prior to v669. I'm not sure if it's still affecting v672, but wanted to post here to let Eset know about the problem.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Perhaps you could contact ESET and request for a fix or a download link for earlier version that has worked for you

3. Jedis

Jedis Registered Member

For what it's worth, it's not fixed in v672. While trying to open a website, IE froze until ESET bubble popped up saying it had updated the definitions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.