Language files in 4.0

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by MikeBCda, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi,

I upgraded from 3.5 to 4.0 upon final release of the latter. I've got the English version, but note that the icon-menu permits me to switch to Czech or German (presumably using files included in the installation).

Since I'll never use anything but English, is there a way to strip out extra files specific to Czech and German, to keep the installation "lean and mean"? Or are the extras too small and too few to worry about?

Thanks and best

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Considering those 2 files are a combined 167 KB....I definetly view them as a non-issue in regards to keeping the "installation "lean and mean"

YMMV,
    Bubba

3. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

I tend to agree with that, even in the light that more languages will be coming our way.

However, what I am still wondering is - the last beta 4.0.0.151 installer was 1.5MB; but the final 4.0.0.172 installer is 8.2MB; why this enormous difference - more than 5 times the size...?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'm sure there is a vaild explanation given the fact 3.5 was approx 8 MB also.

5. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

The language files are not the reason for the big size. The setup now contains the latest signatures again. In the beta version they wasn't included.

The signatures are the reason for the big size.

BR

6. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

Thanks for the clarification!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.