LAN image clone & send via boot CD menu?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Trancer, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trancer

Trancer Registered Member

Is there a way to use TI to create an image of a harddrive from one laptop then send that image to another laptop through a LAN but only using the boot CD menu and not through windows? Im pulling my hair out! and struggling to find the solution..... can it even be done? :S if not then damn why not as if u have a laptop with a clean harddrive on it would be sooo much easier to get it to interface with the LAN and pull an image down of a PC contanting an image.

I can't seem to even see how to get the image onto multiple CDs so I can boot from it and copy the image by this method.....

thanks for help

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Nope - you need something in between that can act as a file server. The Rescue CD can not do that.

The closest you can get is to image laptop #1 onto its own harddisk. Reboot into Windows and share laptop #1's image.

Boot laptop #2 with the CD, and restore from the image on laptop #1.

3. Trancer

Trancer Registered Member

Thats a right shame. Thanks for the reply, I really thought i was going mad or something and missing something lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.