Lacerte & nod32 update problem

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by steveshank, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveshank

steveshank Registered Member

A client with Lacerte (a top rated cpa tax program owned by Intuit) had problems doing an update with Nod32 v3. They determined the problem was nod32 and he was able to update after shutting nod32 down.

I added lacerte.com/* to the exclusion list under Web access protection and that resolved the issue. However, having lacerte.com on a blacklist is surely an error.

I'm just writing this to make it easier for other consultants or cpas to resolve the issue.

2. steveshank

steveshank Registered Member

The issue is that Lacerte Tax Accounting software will not update if nod32 version 3 is running. I added lacerte.com as an exclusion before, and that worked for a month, now there seem to be more issues. I've had to add these sites to be excluded from http protection

lacerte.com*
    intuit.com*
    intuit.net*
    lscsoft.com*

Once this is done, Lacerte's auto update function is working once again. I'm guessing this is a problem with 3.0 only, as my 2.7 clients do not seem to be having any problem.

Lacerte, owned by Intuit, is telling customers to disable nod32 as the only way to get it to work.

3. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Little issues like this one..with line of business software, as well as some performance issues, is why I keep my clients at 2.7, new clients still get 2.7, and and the couple of clients I did new installs of 3.0 on...were cleaned and replaced with 2.7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.