Kubuntu to be Sponsored by Blue Systems

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by tlu, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlu

tlu Guest

2. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Good news but where Kubuntu falters, distro like Chakra take up the slack quite well but lets hope Kubuntu stays around in its form the way we have known and used.

3. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

I wondered as well.

'Clement Lefebvre, leader of the Linux Mint project, has announced that Blue Systems, a German company, has become a partner of the Linux Mint project.
    ...Lefebvre also notes that Blue Systems will become the primary sponsor for Linux Mint, in a deal that has allowed the Mint developers to contract an additional full-time developer for all of 2012.
    ' link

So, a German start-up company, funding Linux Mint and several KDE projects with substantial money.
    blue-sytems.com comes up in whois as registered by a Stephan Schramm who works at german 'IT Works Unlimited GmbH & Co.KG/ITWU'. link
    Haven't found much else yet, but I'll keep looking.

4. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Excellent. On the Kubuntu forums someone has gone to the trouble to find out from whwre they operate and has posted an image of the house. Image of premises

5. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Good news:) I don't like Unity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.