Know of any software to place pointers/tips on Windows desktop objects?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by paulescobar, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulescobar

paulescobar Registered Member

So I got my mom a Windows 7 laptop. The last time she used a Windows OS was in the mid-90's...she's roughly familiar with the concept of desktop OS'.

Now, English is her second-language. She can carry normal conversations & read English text. But she's not immediately familiar with technical jargon & its associations.

In practical terms, she doesn't know what I'm referring to when I say stuff like "taskbar" & "control panel". And since alot of her "support calls" take place over the phone, you can imagine how difficult it can be to explain otherwise simple tasks.

The obvious solution is that I create some sort of pictorial, where I associate Windows terminology with images. She can refer to that anytime she's confused.

But I thought a cooler thing would be some sort of pointer/tips software that can pop-up on-demand when she accesses some element of the Windows desktop & OS.

For example, maybe when she's wondering what that bar at the botton of the screen is...she can use some context menu/click action to get a pop-up or tip which provides an explanation (which I have configured to say "Taskbar").

I did a search online, but couldn't find anything. I figure I'd throw this out there in case anyone had better knowledge than I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.