Know any free audio editing software?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Brockton, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brockton

Brockton Guest

Hi

I'm looking for a good freebie that I can use to make my own MP3s. I have heard of Audacity. Is this a good freebie you would recommend? How is it compared to similar pay version software? Thanks for your help.

2. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear Brockton, if you are not a professional then Audacity should do just fine. otherwise go for heavyweight like Soundforge.

3. Brockton

Brockton Guest

Thanks for your advice AMRX. I like your signature too. I suppose there are many reasons why a prayer wouldn't be answered and none of them are because no one is listening. There's a saying that goes something like this: "Keep the faith, someday you too will understand".

4. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I just noticed that Sony Studios is now offering Acid Studios, apparantly essentially "Acid Pro Light". $70 is not free, but compared to about $500 for Acid Pro 5, one might consider it 86% free.

I happened to read your post, then was looking at Acid for my own nefarious reasons and thought I would report back. they make it sound like you could actually make music from "loops" that you either make or just patch together. They claim that the software can match the pitch and the tempo. (matching pitch at a different tempo seems odd, but yet if you use a good software DVD player you will no doubt have had the eerie experience of playing a clip in slow motion where people speak slowed down to slow motion, but the software corrects the pitch so it still sounds like their normal voice, instead of sounding much deeper (lower frequency)) I want to make a musical masterpiece at least once in my lifetime...anyway, there it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.