KMPlayer 3.0.0.1441 Final

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by brainrb1, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

KMPlayer is a korean movie and audio player that supports a wide range of codecs and file formats.

The KMPlayer 3.0.0.1441

http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19734

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

3. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Yes thanks brainrb1.

Unfortunately, The KMPlayer's developers are not making that easy to promptly be aware of those important updates, as it should be for any rich media player of this kind.

I don't use any auto-updaters, but I should probably use something like Secunia PSI or SUmo more regularly, anyways.

4. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

5. brainrb1

One of the best players ever with a lot of options,Since i don't use codec packs.

6. brainrb1

The KMPlayer 1442 ..update

Version 1442 Update List

http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20690

7. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

Norton says it is a malware:

Sem t?tulo.png

o_O

8. brainrb1

9. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Is not malware, that's just a false positive from Norton because, like thousand other free programs nowadays, the developers bundled it with ASK toolbar - optional, you should uncheck the toolbar options at the installed promt and click ''DECLINE''.

Let's not go too paranoid, malware is malware and that's a poor toolbar no trojans, or password stealer software.

http://i.imgur.com/CCNtN.png

10. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

It is ADware.
    It is the ASK Toolbar...

KMPlayer heads to the Installers Hall of Shame ...:argh:

11. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Ok, I really don't want to hijack this tread nor to be rude but do you really want to talk about the ''Installers hall of shame'' and ''FFMPEG Hall of shame'' ?

1. Since I worked for different big software download archives (for different reasons I don't disclose here) I can say that at least 30% of the FREEWARE software nowadays is bundled with OpenCandy, ASK Toolbar and other promotional stuff. Let me ask you: On a scale from one to ten how difficult is to un-check two check-boxes?

And let me be CLEAR, I don't say that I agree with the software developers that bundle ASK toolbar into the installers like AVIRA but they need to do some revenue, right? Do you wanna pay tomorrow $99 for a multimedia player? or for a simple screenshot tool? Personally I don't, so get used with it, people need money to live, and WE, THE END-USERS need free software.

2. The so called ''Halls of Shame''. I've seen many , the FFMPEG HOS, Calendar of Updates HOS and so on, some years ago I even maintained a website where I listed p2p software bundled with adware.

Do you know how many video conversion, video players and other multimedia software are based on FFMPEG without giving any credit? FFMPEG is everywhere, VLC uses FFMPEG, PotPlayer, MediaCoder, everyone use it so again, please stop complaining, because someone else spend hours and hours to give you a FREE piece of software.

And again I DON'T WANT TO BE RUDE WITH YOU, my English is relatively poor so please don't get me wrong. :) I just want to explain a simple equation: We need money and in the same time we need free software, if not, tomorrow we all gonna pay $99 for a video player like PowerDVD or ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre.

END: I repeat myself, but please, tell me On a scale from one to ten how hard is to un-check two check-boxes?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  12. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

For an average user who sees the EULA as a blur as they rapidly hit the "Ok" box? Probably a 9. Which is exactly what Ask, OpenCandy and others are hoping for. You also have to understand that there are times when un-checking those boxes doesn't prevent these things from either installing or decorating your registry and folders. I've witnessed Open Candy merrily installing even after check boxes were cleared, so don't count on little check marks to keep you out of the woods.

P.s, I doubt you'll find this surprising, but if given a choice between adware-infested freebies or way too highly priced software..many will just head over to their friendly torrent site and roll the dice. Personally, if I have my choice between forced adware, and a 99 dollar media player, I'd have uTorrent up faster than you could say the word boo.

13. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

So why use KMPlayer over say MPC-HC, which also has codecs built in, doesn't use an installer with a toolbar, and has a 64bit version?

14. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Or just use VLC and mostly be done with it. MPC has been giving me lockup issues lately, so I removed it. Lockup as in full system lockups, not sure what that's about.

15. elapsed

Looking around the "video player nerds" forums I get the sense that more and more people are moving away from VLC to MPC-HC. I decided to try it out, then switched away from VLC when I saw they had a 64bit version, that actually worked perfectly with no playback issues (which used to be common amongst 64bit codecs).

16. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

KMPlayer vs. VideoLan:

Remember when VLC was about 4.6 MB ? Or maybe you don't. That's was about 6-7 years ago when was nothing except WMP, MPC, BS.Player and the infamous K-Lite Codec Pack that we all know. VideoLan was great because of his partfile eMule plugin (it was the only media player capable to preview eMule temp files) that's why the huge popularity.

With time, VLC transformed into a bloated, full with bugs media player. It's in DESPERATE need of a rewrite. Leave it and search for an alternative; there is a lot of good, free stuff floating around the web like PotPlayer, KMPlayer, MPlayer WW, MPUI-HCB, SPlayer, Light Alloy, Zoom Player, SMPlayer, UMPlayer, RealPlayer Mini and the list goes on..

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-windows-media-player-replacement.htm

KMPlayer vs. MPC:
    KMPlayer can play every format with internal decoders, can post-process audio and video, can play and capture TV, has lots of subtitles options, etc. It's extremely configurable, powerful and very fast. Have anyone here tried to play HD content at 1080p on a little Atom powered netbook using VLC or Media Player Classic? If not you should, maybe someday will come back here with the result and than please try the same file with KMPlayer or PotPlayer.

And no, I'm not saying that KMPlayer is the BEST video player around, is just better than MPC and VideoLan. You should read this and the KMPlayer manual before going back to MPC or VideoLan. Personally I used KMPlayer in the past under XP because I always hated codec packs, now on Windows 7 WMP and CoreAVC ($12) are enough for my needs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_player_software

KMPlayer manual

http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9000

17. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I tried KM myself, actually, so any criticism I'm going to give isn't simply fanboy ranting. I found it crashed, a lot in fact. KM, in my opinion was far buggier than VLC, which, actually has never given me an issue, aside from that "building font" problem it used to have. As far as MPC, I may give that a shot with the 64 bit version. I may also get rid of K-lite and go with CCCP, as I think it offers more.

18. elapsed

It's fully hardware accelerated, so this opinion seems quite outdated. It also seems to be the only reason you've stated against using it, whilst I've stated several reasons in my post why I prefer MPC-HC.

That page only seems to describe features, although it also describes a negative of KMPlayer:

Sounds like something to avoid.

So MPC-HC is free, licensed under GPL, and written in fast C++, whilst KMPlayer is proprietary, license violating, and written in.. Pascal?

I'll stick with MPC-HC.

Using MPC-HC for a few months now and I've yet to find a video that requires any additional plugins (at least on the 64bit version), unless there's another reason you'd want an external pack?

19. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I gather up movies and such from all over the place, so I never know what people will use for a codec and encoding.

20. elapsed

Alright, was just wondering if there was a different reason one should have a pack installed.

21. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

funky and dw have u used potplayer ?

edit - just tried mpc .. its not at all smooth playing hd videos ..if i move forward in time with mouse it hangs for a few seconds..kmplayer works flawlessly
    mpc doesnt have as many advanced options as in kmp/pot and no equalizer , no advanced settings for subtitles - subtitles show on video instead of overlay surface

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
  22. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Reasons
    Your several MPC reasons:
    - has codecs built in
    - doesn't use an installer with a toolbar
    - and has a 64bit version

It seems that you're reasons are not so many. While the KMPlayer features list is very very long:

- support for both internal and external filters
    - internal filters are not registered to user's system (it doesn't up with your system filters)
    - includes all the essential decoders required for media playback
    - audio and video effects
    - slow down or increase playback speed with regular tone
    - remap keys of remote interface for HTPC
    - overlay screen controls
    - completely customizable thanks to a wide selection of skins
    - play incomplete and or damaged AVI files
    - support streams via HTTP
    - compressed audio album support (zip, rar)
    - DTS Wave, AC3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis...........
    - Mplayer engine support
    - VCD Image File (BIN/ISO/IMG/NRG)
    - WDM device support like TV/HDTV/Camera/Cam etc
    - various Image files like png, gif etc
    - custom filter manager to force or block external filters
    - supports input, dsp/effect, visualization and some general plugins of Winamp 2/5
    - Video Renderers : Old Video Renderer, Overlay Mixer, VMR Windowed, VMR Renderless, DirecDraw RGB/Overlay, OpenGL, Direct3D (DX7, DX9) YUV/RGB, Null(Uncompressed/Compressed), Haali's Video Renderer
    - Basic Video Processors : Mirror Image, Flip Input/Output Picture, Screen Rotation for project output
    - Advanced Video Processors : Resizer(oversampling), Deinterlacing, Postprocessing, Picture Properties(S/W Color Controls), Sharpen, aWarsharp, Blur, Noise Reduction/Addition
    - Keys Remapping
    - Mouse Function Setup
    - Multimedia Keyboard Support
    - WinLirc/uICE support
    - KMP API Support which can control from external program
    - Superspeed/High mode support (disable video/audio filter otherwise than inevitable filter while playing back)
    - Can be used in only one executable file(KMPlayer.exe)
    - Keyframe Search in AVI, MP4, MKV
    - Low memory footprint
    - Favorites/Bookmarks/Configuration backup and restore
    - MKV, MP4, OGM Chapter and ASF file Marker support
    - Open Dialog Box as Image for TV-OUT (Ctrl-J)
    - Powerful A-B section repeat(F9)
    - Subtitle Explorer(Alt-Q)
    - Analytic Playback Information
    - Really Cool Audio Shade Mode
    - Automatically Changable Skin Support depending on Playback Status
    - Jog Shuttle (Tempo/Pitch)
    - Various Capture Function (Sample extraction on condition)
    - Intro/Ending Skipping, Intro playing
    - Screen Offset for TV-OUT
    - NEED MORE ? CLICKY

''Sounds like something to avoid'' Why? Because of the license? Since when a license is considered malware?

64-bit / 32 -bit - KMPlayer 32 bit works BEAUTIFUL on 64bit systems, so again your points are pretty weak. Try again after you install KMPlayer, please. :)

23. elapsed

All you've done is list KMPlayer features, and from what I see, none of which MPC-HC lacks?

I'm glad that it "works beautifully" on 64bit, just like every other 32bit virtualized Windows program. I'll stick to real 64bit though, thanks.

There's nothing really unique or special about KMPlayer that would make me want to try it, infact, there's more reason NOT to try it. It's written in an inferior language and violates licenses of other products. I *might* have been tempted to try it if they offered a real 64bit client, but until then, MPC-HC x64 does me fine.

24. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Refusal to believe until proof is given is a rational position; denial of all outside of our own limited experience is absurd.
    Annie Besant

25. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

No reply to my post ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.