kis2009 where is the lic info stored?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i want to do a full uninstall but the wife threw out the cd cover with the key code on it and in case i want to reinstall it i want to write this down or save the lic file somewhere to re-use it since i have like 200 days left. can someone tell me where its actually stored with kis2009 so i can move it to somewhere else for the time being while she is testing nis2009? she saw it on my pc since im testing it and she said "wow you can see the difference" when i was on the net browsing compared to kis2009...so she wants to try it now also. thank you

2. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

3. zfactor

thats the problem she threw out the cd envelope with the code on it so i dont have it now. i was hoping it was stored on the pc somewhere so in case she didnt like it i can reinstall kis instead. but i want to do a complete uninstall and not save any info from kis...she didnt realize the act code was on the envelope

4. Nightwalker

Oh but the act code you can see in the session "Activation" of Kav , but I am not sure because i dont use kav for a long time :doubt: sorry

5. zfactor

no the code shown in the lic info is different than the actual lic key that came with it unless i can use that info..?

6. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

You should have a personal cabinet account which stores all your keys?

7. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Correct.
    You can reach this personal cabinet from a link within the program I believe

8. Nightwalker

Yeah , That was the thing i was talking about , anyway make a keyfile here
    https://activation.kaspersky.com/en/ and save it in a safe media :thumb:

9. zfactor

i have kis on nearly a dozen systems at my office and i dont remember which cabinet this one was in. i registered them at different times. is there a way to tell from within the program or can kaspersky tell me which it iso_O next time i guess ill make a key right away. looks like ill loose the rest of this lic unless kas gets back to my email

no one knows what directory or where it stores it? couldnt i just make a backup of that folder and then copy it over if i want to reinstall it later? or will that not work

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

If nothing else when you uninstall you can "save activation data" so when you reinstall the program on that same computer the license will be ready.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  11. zfactor

i know i can do that but i thought that may be flagged by another av during its install the leftover data i mean, thats the only reason i wanted to do a full uninstall. i guess ill try that and see how that works. i was trying to see what file stored that info so i could basically add it back later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.