kis v6

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSK

SSK Registered Member

I'm not sure if false positives is the correct term for PDM; alerts / detections could be a more meaningfull word :D

For most instances, PDM just tells you what is happening on your machine. The user has to make the decision what to allow and what to block.

2. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

I guess "false positives" was to strong of a word.Only been using it for 2 days now so these alerts should decrease the longer i use it i would assume.Seriously considering giving up my F-secure for KIS 2006.F-secure has treated me well for 2 years though!.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

even if pipelining causes the slowdown, could it still not be considered a bug that needs fixing? nod32's http scanner doesnt have a problem with piplining.

4. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

I know this isn't very important but i just realized that the antispy is not recording blocked popups.Firefox popup blocking is disabled and Antispy is blocking the popups just not showing how many.Anyone else experience this?.

Attached Files:

5. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Thanks! Finally I am able to use FasterFox too in my Firefox 1.5.0.2. With KAV 6 and the Web Anti-Virus enabled that site took only 6.828 sec to open when Pipelining was disabled. :)

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

6. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Should have thought of this earlier :(
    Guess the info was filed in the wrong part of the "gray matter" :D

Good to see it works for you!

7. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

My bad. I was before using those "Turbo Charged" settings in my FasterFox, so there was any Pipelining available until I discovered those "Own Settings" in the bottom of that setup window. :(

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.