KIS 6.0 License Key Black Listed.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Graystoke, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I uninstalled my KIS 6.0 today for reasons other than having any problems with it. When I tried to reinstall it, I got to the point in the install process where the updates were being installed, and I got a message stating that my license key has been black listed. My license key is black listed?! What the heck is that all about?

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The license key is blacklisted when it has been reported as being used for piracy of software. Either someone stole your license key, or Kaspersky has made a mistake. You should get in touch with their support team.

Blacklisted keys get no support and no updates.

3. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

geez am i one of the only people that has no problems with kaspersky mp1?
    lodore

5. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

From what I can tell it is mainly the people who bought KAV, or KAV clones from other vendors besides Kaspersky who are having/had issues.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i ment the op's other than the problems ive had with kav. i havent had any problems ith ksi6.0 mp1.
    lets hope my key will be ok.
    im on trial mode intill the date my f-secure license runs out so i dont waste money.
    mines a boxed version from amazon uk thou so i should be ok.
    lodore

7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

No, you aren't, the vast majority haven't, don't let posts in forum be the measuring stick.

Graystoke, if you have a valid key then contact support:http://support.kaspersky.ru/helpdesk.html?LANG=en, you will get a new one when they have veryfied it.

8. Graystoke

I bought mine from eBay. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe I should contact the seller.

9. Graystoke

Don, I contacted support. Hopefully I will hear back from them shortly. I couldn't include my key, because I kept being told that it was an invalid key. I tried to save some money by going through eBay, maybe that was a big mistake. :'(

10. Graystoke

I just received an e-mail from KL support asking for my order number and date of purchase. I'm very happy to get that quick response. :) Hopefully this problem can be solved.

11. Don Pelotas

Yes, lets hope you bought through an honest Ebay reseller.:)

12. Graystoke

Update....

In the past hour or hour and a half, I have received an e-mail from KL support saying that the license key I had was pirated. As you can imagine, I was very pissed off. I sent an e-mail off to the reseller stating what had happened, and how very angry I was about the situation. I received a response from the reseller within minutes. I must admit, I was very surprised to get a response that quickly. She admitted the mistake and sent me a new activation code. Hopefully I will not have any problems with this one. She did seem sincere, so maybe it was an honest mistake. My KIS 6.0 is up and running again, so at this point in time, I am very happy.

13. lodore

lodore Registered Member

glad to hear:thumb:
    lodore

~removed un-necessary whole quote of post directly above....Bubba~

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2006
  14. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I'm not sure what to do about my situation. My key was blacklisted a few days ago and it was a gift from a frequent poster at this site. He had been posting here about all his problems with his newly purchased KAV and finally decided he simply couldn't use it and went back to NOD32 I think it was. I had posted in his thread and he offered me his key by PM here.

I find it hard to believe that he sent me a pirated key...but...I don't know and I am not sure what to do now. I uninstalled KAV because I wanted to try the new F-Prot but I would like to continue using KAV later on. It's ironic that he gave me this key back in April or May and I didn't use it hardly at all until the end of the beta when we got MP1 as I had beta keys I was using. Now there is no beta (I don't have Vista) and I have no valid key.

Plus, what is really weird is that the key, when I installed MP1 and needed the key, said that it was registered to someone I had never heard of and it was not the key I had when I first used the key way back in June, I think, for a short while before getting the beta.

15. Graystoke

Mele20.....It's a shock when you are told that your license key is black listed isn't it? I know it was a shock to me. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I'm just guessing here, but is it possible that Kaspersky can some how tell that you are using a license key that was purchased by someone else? It's either that or, as much as I hate to say it, it's a pirated key and it took a few days for Kaspersky to sort it out. I didn't get the black list warning until I uninstalled and then reinstall KIS. Maybe you can contact the person who gave you the license, and have him contact Kaspersky support.

16. Don Pelotas

Doesn't take very long to find out if it's pirated or not..............Mele20, you can contact me via the Kaspersky forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.