Kindle App for PC on USB?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by roark37, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to install the Kindle PC app to a usb drive? I would like to be able to bring the flash drive with my Kindle app and books on it to work to be able to read from them at lunch. I don't want to install the app to my work pc as were are not supposed to and although I doubt it would do any harm I am not sure how it updates and don't want to call attention to it from the office network. I would not be buying or syncing or anything else from the usb at work just reading books I already own but I was not sure if it was even an option and could all updating from the app if any on the usb be turned off when using at work? Thanks.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Kindle for PC installs on the Windows partition by default, and doesn´t offer any option to install in other location.

The best solution for you would be to use a Kindle reader. It is much better to read in it that in a PC.

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

You can always use the "Cloud Reader" and read through your web browser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.