Kim Komando's business acumen has no boundaries or,

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ratchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

possibly scruples either. I subscribe to her news letter. It will kind of make you paranoid as she is up on every hack and vulnerability that arises and that changes daily. She has taught me a trick or two too.
    For a long time one of her sponsors was LogMeIn. Now her contract with them may have prevented her from ever mentioning any other remote applications but her whole existence is helping folks. So when someone would request help accessing there PC remotely, she never, ever mentioned the free (for personal use) and excellent TeamViewer. Several months ago the subject came up and I noticed she finally suggested it. I also noticed LMI wasn't a sponsor anymore (nor is TV). Well then tonight she's reporting how someone hacked into 30,000 PCs In LVegas during the hacker conference. The person only took screenshots and was only doing it to bring attention to a vulnerability in non password protected remote applications such as (as she put it) LMI. A little dig there for bailing on her perhaps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.