KeyScrambler 2.0 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Henk1956, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

OK point taken, it is a bit naïve to think that it can stop all keyloggers, on the other hand, if you look at KS´s method of blocking AK´s you would think it should be effective against most advanced keyloggers. But I guess it has something to do with who has more control on the system.

That is indeed an advantage, but so far it has made my machine quite unstable, so seems like it´s not compatible with my other HIPS, but what else is new.

2. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

What about KS's method of blocking makes you think it would be effective against "most advanced keyloggers"?

yes, your system seems to be unstable period. One wonders why.

3. qzwang

qzwang Registered Member

Hi everyone, the problem with Elite Keylogger has been fixed. Of course the same goes for any other keyloggers that work the same way. You can download the preview build at:

http://www.qfxsoftware.com/download/KeyScrambler2.0.0.2_Setup.exe
    or
    http://www.inputsafe.com/download/KeyScrambler2.0.0.2_Setup.exe

farmerlee, perhaps you can confirm that Elite Keylogger is no longer working with KeyScrambler enabled?

For the KeyScrambler Pro or Premium installer, just add "Pro" or "Premium" before "2.0.0.2" in the links above (without quotes). Please let me know of any problems or send an email to support at qfxsoftware.com

Qian ("Chen")

4. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Fast work, any eta when it will be out of beta ?

5. qzwang

qzwang Registered Member

Thanks, we're just doing some more testing, especially with international keyboards. Best estimate is some time next week as version 2.0.1.

6. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

I noticed on Firefox add-ons it is still 1.3.3.

Do you have plans to keep that current?

I have 2.0.0 installed - to install 2.0.0.2 is it necessary to uninstall first?

Ian

7. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

Online Armor can detect it and stop it (but not free version)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  8. qzwang

qzwang Registered Member

Hi Ian,

We've submitted the new version to Firefox, but it can take them quite a while to update it. You don't have to uninstall 2.0.0 first.

9. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response, i'm happy to report that this latest version is able to pass elite keylogger 3.6 build 164. It seems that all keypresses are recorded as a backspace by elite keylogger.

10. osip

osip Registered Member

I have 2.0.0.2 for a test run ...the scrambler works but no text after keystrokes, had to put it in off to write this down, (opera XP pro)
    --------------
    added:
    But with Maxthon lite OK !!!
    added:
    Sorry...my mistake, the personal does´nt cover Opera....

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  11. Rasheed187

Can you tell us a bit more about kernel based keyloggers, about the way they work? I mean you fixed this problem, but what about other kernel based methods?

Because it encrypts keystrokes, so you would think that even kernel based keyloggers wouldn´t be able to correctly log text.

Because it is a test machine perhaps? :)

12. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Hmm I don't think so.

That would work, except you don't have any stable machines, both test or production machines ... :D

13. Rasheed187

And that´s because I´m too lazy to clean up my testing machines :argh: , I´m not exactly the most professional software tester out there. So it is sometimes a bit unfair to call software "unstable", I admit.

On the other hand, I have also seen software that still doesn´t make the system unstable even with lots of other security tools installed. Does that say anything? I´m not sure, but it sure gives you more confidence to put it on your real machine. Of course I´m also aware of the fact that it´s not a good idea to run multiple security tools in real time because sooner or later you will start to get conflicts. But I´m afraid that us paranoid security freaks have no choice, after all, no product does it all.

14. qzwang

qzwang Registered Member

Thanks, farmerlee.

Elite Keylogger isn't a "true" kernel keylogger. Yes, it uses a kernel component, but only so that it can modify certain user space APIs and it then uses those APIs to do the keylogging. In our fix, we were able to bypass this method, so that other keyloggers that rely on the same attack vector will also no longer work when KeyScrambler is enabled.

15. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks:

I think I need some help here.

I have KeyScrsambler installed w/o any problem.

Then I run IE sandboxed by SBIE, KS does not work.

When I run IE w/0 sandboxed, KS works.

Any remedy here ?

16. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks:

Problem is solved by editing Full Access file of SBIE. :)

17. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Just came across another problem using keyscrambler 2.0.0.2 and the latest opera 9.27. KS doesn't seem to be working properly, when i go to type something in i can see KS encrypting the keys but nothing shows up on screen in opera. KS is still working fine with the latest IE7 and FF 2.0.0.14. Can anyone confirm this is a bug or is it just my laptop playing up? Thanks!

EDIT - Every now and then it kinda works and i'll manage to get a single letter on screen but it seems to be quite random, sometimes 3 presses will work other times it might be 30 presses before a letter appears. I'm gonna load up a fresh XP image and see if i still get the same problem.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  18. osip

osip Registered Member

I suggest that you install 2.0.0.1 Pro (the one on site)and try there...if it´s working you´ve found a bug for 2.0.0.2 and Opera............(I´m pretty sure that you will find 2.0.0.1 fully working in Opera).

19. qzwang

qzwang Registered Member

It does appear to be a bug in 2.0.0.2. We're working on it now. I'll update when a fix is found.

20. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Regarding anti-keylogging software, does it only protect against the capture of data by a key-logging program resident on the local computer? I'm wondering about "man in the middle" attacks when entering data through the browser to one's online bank, etc. TIA

21. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

i tried KeyScrambler for a few months but finally gave up on it...compatability problems or something..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.