Keyloggers

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by dog1, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog1

dog1 Registered Member

I have a Dell PC running Vista Ultimate. I use Zone Alarm Security Suite v 7.1. I would be grateful for some general security advice.

1) Is there any advantage in inputting secure information (passwords etc) via an an screen keyboard (availble through Accessories/Ease of Access) vs simply tapping keys on the real keyboard?? From a keyloggers viewpoint are they the same or different??

2) Any thoughts about anti-keylogger freeware?? I came acroos Amic Tools Anti Keylogger Shield - does anyone have any views/alternatives??

Many thanks

2. controler

controler Guest

Your best bet right now is Norton Internet Security Suite 2008
    if you want good password protection.

My next advice is that this new version WILL detect commercial key loggers as will KAV Engines

con

3. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

I'm using Snoopfree. Dont know how well it will run on Vista

4. RiverLights

RiverLights Registered Member

Yes there is an advantage. Kind of counterintuitive, but "automatic fill in" in most cases is more secure. If you don't hit da key, the keyloggers cannot record.

5. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

UserName

Auto-fill is not a very secure thing to have. If some one has physical access, you're done. If some one trojans you, the information that gets autofilled is stored on your hdd and can be sent out. As for using the onscreen keyboard, it does add an aditional layer of security AFAIK, but this is ineffective against more sophisticated keyloggers. For form-filling or auto login, try AI Roboform because it encrypts the pw that gets sent to the website you're logging in, so it isn't keylogged, AFAIK. For rigorous typing into websites or documents, try KeyScrambler.

6. shanebot

shanebot Registered Member

I'm using Norton Internet Security Suite 2008 and love it. And the password protection is a huge plus :thumb:

7. dog1

dog1 Registered Member

1) Is there any advantage in inputting secure information (passwords etc) via an an screen keyboard (availble through Accessories/Ease of Access) vs simply tapping keys on the real keyboard?? From a keyloggers viewpoint are they the same or different??

What is the advantage of inputting secure information (passwords etc) via an an screen keyboard (availble through Accessories/Ease of Access) vs simply tapping keys on the real keyboard. Don't both methods appear the same to a keylogger??

When you say "automatic fill in" do you mean allowing the system to remember your passwords??

Many thanks for your help.

8. zonealarmforcefiel

zonealarmforcefiel Registered Member

Hi!

Another way to block keyloggers (and other similar malware) is by using a program like Zone Alarm Force Field that "virtualizes" your browsing session so that amongst many other things, it prevents key logging and password capture and alerts you to the intrusion. If you'd like to know more, I'm helping find beta users who would find Force Field useful, so please let me know or check out our website and free Beta at www.zonealarm.com/forcefield.

Regardless of what you choose, I hope you find a solution that works for you. Safe surfing!

~Lauren

9. dog1

dog1 Registered Member

I would be interested in ForceField but I am a vista user and Beta says that it is only XP at the moment. Let me know when there is a Vista version.

10. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Would this be like using a virtual machine line janusVM?

11. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

I tested it but many incompat issues related to comodo 3 beta and process guard free.

Some crashes: http://i20.tinypic.com/dd0193.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.