"keyb; controller failed" error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ttinits, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttinits

ttinits Registered Member

Hi,

I installed Acronis True Image Corporate v8.0 and created image. everything was fine until i tried to boot up from the rescue cd. I am using a Compaq evo 510 (which has no ps2 ports; only usb) and lacie extrernal drive (usb).
    It can boot to safe mode, but as u know it is without usb drivers, so i can not use my keyboard or external hard drive.
    When i try to start normal/recommended mode, it gives me an error message sth like that: "keyb; controller failed";

Any good ideas what to do?

Thanks
    Tanel

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. ttinits

but what about if the keyboard does not function? i can not press F11!?

4. ttinits

the exact error message is
    pc_keyb: controller jammed

5. DaveR

DaveR Guest

Hi,
    I exactly had the same problem with my Compaq Evo E-PC D510.
    I contacted Acronis Support 2 weeks ago and they finally managed to give me a custom 8.0.991 build with which I can boot up.
    I still get the error message about the jammed keybord controller at the beginning but then the GUI appears.
    Refer to this support call [Acronis #388363] if anyone also want to request this build for this PC.
    Thanks again to Acronis for their patience and effective support!
    Cheers
    David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.