Key Loggers and ESET smart security

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by aaurel, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaurel

aaurel Registered Member

Sep 20, 2008
    I am new to this forum, so if i have mistakes pleas forgive me. I have to my works 80 computers to care. in the last few months i have problems with archives that contains key logger. After i scan the archive NOD say it's ok but when i extract i received on my screen one or two dos windows with a text like this : 1 file copied 2 file copied. After that when i restart the computer ESET told me that blocked an application to download another exe file over the internet. If i use Bit Defender after one scan alert me about the keylogger existent in the archive. I use NOD 32 from the year 2003 and i have no problems but now... i think is something happening and it's not good. I want to mention the settings for Real-Time protection and Email protection is Strict cleaning with all types of scan files on.
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You mention you have to support 80 machines but I suspect the problem is not happening on all the machines , right , but just on one of them ?

:eek: .... Explain/correct ?

Your NOD32 application is like this , right ?

As for the problem - ESET detected keyloggers as potentially unsafe application . However , detection for such applications is disabled by default and you must manually enabled it if you want commercial keyloggers detected.

Open the user interface , press F5 to open the entire Advanced setup tree and goto the following sections' ThreatSense options :
    • Antivirus and antispyware
    • Real time file system protection
    • Web access protection
    • On-demand computer scan

Make sure all of the categories (including Potentially Unsafe applications) are checked :

At the end , confirm the changes with OK .

Make sure ESET NOD32 is updated and perform full scan from Computer scan -> Standart scan
    As a second opinion , I advise you scan with Microsoft's free Live scanner (link available in my signature) .

If you still have problems , post again .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.