Keepass2Android Offline PW Manager

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by FOXP2, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

This thread, please, is not to discuss the pros and cons of offline vs online password managers or to evoke off topic "I use this one" discussion. For the latter, open a new thread - the more devoted to Android the better chance we have of an "all things ANDROID" thread. Like the one here for Unix. Admins: HINT HINT!

I've been using Keepass2Android Offline for several weeks (currently v0.9.2) on a Nexus 7 2013 K008, 4.4.2/KOT49H, Stock.

Keepass2Android Offline does not evoke any outbound connections and contains no Ad Networks or Social SDKs. Bitdefender's Privacy Advisor gives it a "green dot." Settings' App info reports permissions allowed for USB read/mod/del and vibration control.

What distinguishes this manager from all the others (per my research to date) is the integration of a secure keyboard with the ability to bypass the clipboard. It can be selected for secure data input in any other app.

It also accesses two-tap copy/paste functionality for entering login data. The screenshot shows the challenge for the New Egg app login. Upon selecting the Keepass2Android keyboard, a tap of the Android key finds the data I set up for my New Egg account. Tap User Name, tap Email Address, tap Password, tap Password, tap Done.

The New Egg app authentication is, as should be expected, over HTTPS as evidenced by firewall logs and I've observed the same for others I've begun to use like Amazon, eBay and Best Buy. Keepass2Android Offline provides me with an even greater sense of security particularly with my Papa John's Pizza app - I'd hate for that account to be hijacked. :'( And of course, the ability to us my established 18-24 character passwords.

The other screenie shows the fields for building an entry; note the ability to add additional strings (I don't know what the limit is).

Outside of the two-tap feature the Play page details several more which I have not yet explored and probably will not being as satisfied with the way I'm using it.

Croco Apps also has an online version.

Read up on it here:
    •https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=keepass2android.keepass2android_nonet•

Cheers.

KP2AOdroid.jpg

2. Reith

Reith Registered Member

I see that this is based on KeePassDroid. I've been using that for a long time now, so does this offer any extra features that would make switching over worth it?

3. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I'll give it a look.

4. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.