KeePass and Pale Moon

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by puff-m-d, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello all,

I have been trying to integrate KeePass into Pale Moon using PassIFox but I have not been able to figure it out. No matter what I have done, I have not been able to get KeePass to recognize the plug-in. It is probably something stupid that I am doing but can anyone with the knowledge of how to do it properly and successfully please walk me through setting it up. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. puff-m-d

Hello again,

I finally have the KeePass plug-in, the PassIFox extension, and KeePass itself all installed properly. It seems the link that I was downloading the KeePass HTTP plugin from was giving me a corrupt file. I change links and now that worked.

What I can not figure out now is how to automatically save the logins. I have tried it with the Pale Moon password manager both enabled and disabled, but no luck either way. With it enabled I do get a prompt to save, but the login is not stored anywhere, not in Pale Moon or KeePass. With it disabled I get no prompts at all.

Now unless I am totally missing something, I should get a prompt to save, click it, and it goes to KeePass, but nothing happens. I am sure I am to the stage now where I just have some setting somewhere not right, as I am pretty sure that I have all of the three components required installed correctly.

Any ideas or advice from anyone out there?

3. puff-m-d

Hello,

I found out I had to have the Pale Moon settings set to save and prompt for logins, but it still would not work. From that point, without changing anything, I just keep plugging and trying for another 20 minutes. Then all of a sudden I get a prompt where I have to approve the connection between Pale Moon and KeePass using a key/hash. That is what was needed to finally get it working.

One thing I do know, the instructions I had to install this were very vague and once I figured that out and had everything installed correctly, the rest of the process seemed a bit buggy to get to the point of Pale Moon and KeePass making a connection between the two. Even with all this trouble and two hours of my time, I am liking this setup so far.

Mods - Since this has been a thread of me talking to myself solving my own problem, please feel free to close this thread if you deem it necessary....

4. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

Yeah, I use the Chrome equivalent of this and it wasn't straightforward.

Another tip: you may have to change the main URL that you record within KeePass in order for it to be recognized and get the forms filled. If you get redirected to a different domain to log in, record that URL instead of the main page.

For example, for Newegg I have to change it to the address of the secure server. If I open that SSL link in KeePass, I get redirected to the standard (not SSL) site. Then when I click on the link to log in, it goes to the secure server (which ChromeIPass recognizes) and the forms will get filled. If I had entered the standard site in KeePass, the forms wouldn't get filled because ChromeIPass would only send the data if it's the standard domain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.