Kazaa utilities on my system - not sure how they got there

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by r00t, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r00t

r00t Registered Member

Not sure if this a security issue but could be.

I have made a routine check on my system and while looking in C:\Windows I found KBrowser.exe & kazupernodes.exe. I've never had Kazaa on my system, well I did but never used it & that was God knows how long ago and I've had a new hard drive since then.

I'm wondering where and why I have these program files in my Windows folder. It's got me wondering what else is on my system that I am unaware of. I have run a spyware/trojan/virus check & all has come up clean. Well, AVG told me that I had a trojan horse on my system, but when I scanned my entire disk it didn't find it so I removed it my self.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. SirLance

SirLance Guest

4. bizfanatic

bizfanatic Registered Member

If the SirLance's removals files don't work for you... try manual removal... delete all related files with the names at all computer folders. and delete the entries at the registry as well... if its ur first time at the registry. better get someone more experienced to do it for u. just in case u deleted the wrong files. :) cheers... hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.