KaZaa doesn't install properly

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ryan423, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan423

ryan423 Registered Member

hi guys,

ok i'm having a problem with installing KaZaa (the free version). now, when it's installing, it hangs up on step 5. it doesn't go beyond that. previously, i had the same problem, and through luck, i got it to install properly. i don't know how.
    Now i'm encountering the same problem. it always seems to hang on step 5. i have a 64kbps connection that's always on (broadband).

Any Suggestions on how to fix this or a better way to install KaZaa?
    Thanks.

Ryan

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Ryan,

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but I wanted to mention it anyway: http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/articles/p2p/

Regards,

Pieter

3. ryan423

yeah thank pieter. i've heard KaZaa has a lot of spyware/adware and a high possible leak for hackers to break into my computer. what do you think of KaZaa lite?
    By the way, i got KaZaa to work, now i'm thinking of uninstalling it again. lol.

Ryan

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi ryan423 :)

I use kazaalite. It doesn't have all the spyware that the full Kazaa app. has.

Featues are the same, just no crapware. ;)

When i use it iam very careful to scan every file for malware before i open it.

Hope this helps.

snowbound

5. ryan423

thanks snowbound. i have downloaded KaZaa lite and it works fine, in fact in many ways i think it is better. i uninstalled KMD. horrible p2p. haha.

Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.