KAV6 really slo startup

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by slysy, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slysy

slysy Registered Member

Can anyone help me with this please? When I boot my PC, all my system tray icons appear except KAV. It then takes what seems like about a minute for the KAV icon to appear, wiith my hard disk light flashing constantly.

I have the following other software at startup: ATI graphics card tray icon, YPops!, Quicktime, Windows Defender. Many thanks in advance for any help, this is driving me crazy!

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi, post in the kaspersky forum here http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=4
    the kaspersky forum are very helpful

windows defender is meant to have problems with kav.
    lodore

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

It takes longer than a minute for the KAV icon to appear in my systray. For me, that is not abnormal because of the settings I use for KAV which are not what most use. I have KAV set to scan all files and to NOT use ISwift or IChecker technology because that has been implicated in the chkdsk problems that KAV is causing some users including myself. So, an initial scan on boot will take longer on my computer since I am not using the technology that allows KAV to scan only new and changed files.

I don't know how you have your KAV set up so for you it taking a minute to see the KAV icon in the systray on boot may or may not be normal. You probably should ask in the KAV forum.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

411 is fast and very quite. I didnt realize it had evolved this much since the pre 303 version. This is the first time I havent heard my hard drive while surfing.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

411 is the first version ive had on my main pc and ive had no problems.
    all these people complaining about streaming media isssues lol just set Webav to high and then i can stream all videos.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.