KAV vs. NAV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Oleg, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

Just like to know what others think about KAV and NAV I think KAV detects more viruses,worms,trojans,mailware etc... for the price I would say NAV,because you can buy NAV for around $10-$15 on online stores :)

2. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I'd rather pay the extra money and buy KAV. I like the peace of mind that KAV gives. Not that KAV is perfect, though. And NAV is a good product.

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

When NAV goes wrong, which can happen, you then end up getting on the phone to speak to support and/or uninstalling it and buying something else; in either case it will cost you a lot more than the amount you saved buying it for discount!

4. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

I agree with all of you I better pay more for KAV :)

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I agree, for the price of NAV Phone Support ($29.95 upto $69.95 per incident), you can buy almost any other security software.
    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/support_options.html

Their support should be free of charge, because Symantec also learns from user problems in order to improve their softwares.
    Besides that, most problems should be solved by un-installing and re-installing the software and I wouldn't like to pay $29.95 for that advice.

6. Oleg

Oleg Registered Member

And I am sure they recrut people from india :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.