KAV not updating

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by probprince, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. probprince

probprince Registered Member

Well, I just got the KAV Personal Pro 5.0.383. It just isnt downloading the updates to install them. Is their server down. I am connected to the net wirelessly(36.0 Mbps). Cheers! I finally decided to spend some money for AV. :D

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Not, that i know of, the last update is this:

The standard antivirus databases currently contain 141074 records.

The last update to antivirus databases was released at 20 September 2005 at 02:58 (GMT +0400).

First of all, there is a new version called 5.0.388 download this one (the one with databases, not the one without) and uninstall 5.0383 and install 5.0.388 this way:

There is also the possibility to disable the IDS during the install. You will during the install encounter this window:

http://img157.echo.cx/img157/1415/k47hg.jpg

Here you uncheck "Operate according to recommended settings", click next and proceed to the next window:

http://img157.echo.cx/img157/6915/k58gf.jpg

Here you uncheck "Use real-time protection against network attacks", click next and finish the install as you would normally do.

Important: IDS is a part of the firewall, and it cannot replace a fully functional firewall on your computer. Kaspersky Labs recommends you to use this system (Intrusion Detection System) only if you do not have a personal firewall on your PC. In order to have full control over network activity on your computer (control over applications' network activities, packet filtering) we recommend to use a fully functional personal firewall

See if this fixes it, i have a feeling the IDS is either playing tricks with the wireless connection or the firewall (if you use one, in which case the IDS definitely shouldn't be used).

There is a official forum here:http://forum.kaspersky.com/.

3. probprince

probprince Registered Member

yea thanks for the reply Don Pelotas,
    I do use Kerio 4, so I'll try out what you said. *puppy*

edit: aaaaaarrrghhh!!!!! My computer clock was set 50 years ahead. I was in 2505 when I was trying to download the updates. That was why I couldnt even go to any sites without disabling my firewall. Finally, I checked that my Google certificate expired 50 years ago. :rolleyes: Thanks for the help though. Sorry I had to start a whole thread for this. :oops:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

You mean 500 years ago? :D -> Year 2505 :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.