Kaspersky v.8 (2009) Official Technical Release is out

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Macstorm, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legendary

legendary Registered Member

So i guess it would be smart to just wait till the final version then rather then have to do another un-install & Install.
    When does the final version come out?

2. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Coming soon-

3. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

I think they are doing localisations into different languages etc at the moment, so it should be pretty soon. Anyone who gives a date is just speculating because from experience, release dates may get pushed back due to unforseen problems etc

4. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Even though reports seem to be very good for this version - I will wait for the official release I think - Can't wait to try this out.

5. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

It no longer has any beta label on it, so I dare to say that this is the final version, out for distribution. I could even use my license for v7 with it. I couldn't do that with the beta's. It's as the Vista from Microsoft. The TR version is the distribution version.

6. Baz_kasp

Not always...with V7, build .119 was the Tech Release. Build .124/.125 was the final release :)

7. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

I did read somewhere that it will be "repackaged" or something with extra bugfixes - hence my reason for waiting.

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i can say i tried this on a older machine with a p4 2.4c and it runs horrible.. slows browsing WAY down. seems this release is really for the newer cpu's.. the older version ran fine on this machine with 0 issues. i had to go back to that one.

9. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

That is not the general consensus out there from what I hear. From personal experience I am running the latest build (357 TR) on an Athlon XP 2400 with 1GB RAM, on WinXP Home SP3, and it is performing much better than either KIS 6 or KIS 7 which also both ran on this rig, in that configuration. Scans are faster, browsing the web is faster, etc. Not yet perfect (in relative terms) but pretty damn close.

Are you sure that you are using the 30th April TR version?

Just another opinion though!;)

10. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

I heard that The Critical Fix is coming soon, and that will fix most critical bugs. Should probably be the final release, or if not, the MP1 will be.

11. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

It is true that the Final version will be diffeent from the current 357 TR build but I do not thnk that it will be significantly different...just the odd outstanding issues resolved as most of the beta testers are reporting that the current version work remarkably well...of course there is not such things as perfect here so there will always be some users with issues that few others have. I can think of at least three that i have read of that I cannot reproduce on my rig.

:D

12. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

yes running the tr build. dont know why for certain.. when i went back to .325 the system runs way smoother than with 2009... browsing pages come up instant as opposed to piece by piece with 2009..

13. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Correct.
    I know they are making a Dutch version at the moment

14. Edwin024

That's geweldig :)

15. gery

gery Registered Member

any final release date

16. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

June or possibly July.

17. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I wonder if they'll stagger the releases as they did last year with v7.

18. fce

fce Registered Member

if KL release final release version, does it means that i need to uninstall my TR and install the final release version?

right now i dont want to touch my PC, because KIS8 works good in my PC!

also if they release final version, can i still use my ver7 key?

19. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

I think they will stagger it again in different countries, of course, if you want it and you cant wait, you still know where to get it from.

TR and final version should be the same version. If there are some major bugs which need fixing, they may upgrade the final (release) version or dispatch the fix via an update. In the case of an newer version being released, you can continue using the TR if you wish (although if you have any problems or bugs, you will be advised to upgrade to the newer version prior to getting any additional support).

If your Key works on v8 TR, it will work on any 8.0.0.xxx version (providing its not a beta).

20. Baz_kasp

Has anyone who has installed KIS2009 noticed any "safe" apps being placed in "low restricted" (e.g. not being recognised as safe/trusted), and if so what are they?

(I will collect any apps you mention and add them to the whitelisting sticky to make sure they are added to the database of trusted apps)

Version numbers would be great too :)

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  21. Edwin024

In my low restricted I now see Navigon Fresh and Cute FTP for instance. Certainly no threats.

22. Baz_kasp

Thanks- Navigon Fresh added to the whitelisting sticky... it should eventually be moved to "trusted" :)

23. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

In my "Low restricted" it got my Razer mouse software (Razer OFA-On-The-Fly Sensitivity Adjustment AND Razerhid MFC Application). Certainly no threats from that software :)

Cheers

24. Baz_kasp

If you could find me a link that would be awesome because I can't find an actual installer for it, just drivers :eek:

25. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

Well, the software is build in the drivers, so that's why you couldn't find it ;)

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.