Kaspersky Renewal Question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mr2cents, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Hi everyone. In 13 days my kav license expires. I'm currently running kav 6.0. I just went to kasperskys website and 7.0 is the renewal version. My question is. Do I need to do a clean uninstall of kav 6 before downloading kav 7.0 version?

I have a hunch that I need to uninstall kav 6. Just wanted to make sure with you guys and gals.

P.S. Not interested in hearing about any other antiviruses. :cool:

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

yes you need to uninstall KAV 6 first before install KAV 7.

3. antivirus22

antivirus22 Registered Member

To be safe, it would be advisable to uninstall the old version first,then reboot, you should be able to save the license info etc as an option in the uninstall operation, look carefully for the screen just after uninstall starts.

By the way the release version of 2009/ 8 of kav/kis is available but it depends on your country/language version,

have a look here:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=71617

4. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Yes uninstall v.6 completely before installing v.7.
    Btw, i'd recommend the newest v.8 instead, it's a much much better version than previous ones. It's your choice.

5. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Thanks for the quick responses. I'll be sure and completely uninstall kav version 6.0 I'll also look at purchasing version 8. I didn't see version 8 on kavs website.
    I read on another website that version 8 was only available in certain countries. I may have overlooked it. I'll go back to kavs website and search again. Thanks again.

6. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

You won't find it yet. UK and US residents have to wait a little longer, than the rest of EU residents...don't know why :rolleyes:

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.