Kaspersky Personal Security Suite - Is this any good

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AnthonyG, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I went to the Kaspersky site today to download the latest version Kaspersky and i noticed a new (or new to me) program they are offering called Kaspersky Personal Security Suite. Can i ask people what is this program like. It says it protects against them all, spyware, viruses and hackers. I normally hate these all in one jobs but if its from Kaspersky it is worth enquiring about IMO.

I currently have Kaspersky personal outpost pro and Counterspy and Trojan hunter on the go on active on my computer and i feel it causes some strain to my system but i obviously dont want to be unprotected against any of these threats to my system. Can i ask compared to each of these products how does Kaspersky Personal Security Suite compare to each in there own specific speciality.

Would anyone suggest running this program and getting rid of those 4. Or is it not as good. or would it not result in resources upgrade as im assuming if only one program is running it will be less of a memory strain than 4 running at the same time but if it is not as good at stopping hacking attempts or spyware then it wont be worth it

Thanks

2. .....

..... Registered Member

The suite is just kaspersky anti-virus + anti-hacker + antispam bundled in one installer. Its not a single product - its all three seperate ones running.

The Kaspersky Internet Security (will be released sometime in the future), is a unified product.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Just run KAV and Outpost in real-time. This should reduce the load. CounterSpy in particular can be heavy on resources.
    IMHO, the Firewall and Anti-Spam program are not class leaders as is KAV and at the present time, OutPost is a better firewall than KAH.
    Not unless you have money to burn! Just keep CounterSpy and TrojanHunter for on-demand scanning but load up the TH Guard when you are visiting high-risk sites.

BUT it is worth taking a look at KIS 2006 when it goes gold ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.