Kaspersky: Mac security is '10 years behind Microsoft'

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by ronjor, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

10 years? Hardly. That would put it back at XP. OSX at least has some form of ASLR. I think the difference is that OSX patching is as abd as it was 10 years ago when MS was so slow to patch. BSD has a sandbox framework. Developers should use it.

3. guest

guest Guest

I agree with Kaspersky. Apple needs to drastically improve its cycle of updates and security audits.

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I feel the chances are pretty high that, going forward, Apple will do a better job in a quicker time frame.

5. guest

guest Guest

Let's also not forget that "the Mac operating system predates Windows by nearly two years."

First MacOS is from January, 1984.

First Windows is from November, 1985.

You're talking about "chances of a better job in a quicker time frame" like if history started today for MacOS... lol

Also, which was the first in having to deal with all this modern age of millions with access to internet and malware designed for a specific OS? Microsoft or Apple?

Could the second, "going forward", improve its work with precious info from what the other already learned (in both its successes and failures)?

edit: But well... I guess that's it: based on feelings, everything can be.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
  6. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

The old OSX has virtually nothing to do with later revisions. The entire thing was rewritten at some point.

I agree with Vasa. Apple can look at decades of Microsoft's mistakes and how they fixed them.

OSX is already miles ahead of XP anyways, even if it's still not great.

7. guest

guest Guest

Vasa never said that, at best his sentence implied that if the reader already holds such belief.

8. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Who say's the malware is going to be exactly the same and not optimized for MAC,s

9. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Who o_O

10. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

Lets see in a year or two. How the MAC behaves with coming storm of Malwares.

Well Novice users will always stick to MAC as they don't want all the trouble ( And they have good amount of money also ;) )

Well i love my windows because i hardly have to format it maybe once in a year or two, And if i have to, I already have the image made up!! So just 5 Mins and i am ready to go.

And I really want to try MAC.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But i don't want to spend my $1000 just to browsing internet!!! :cool: :cool:

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

https://www.infoworld.com/d/security/apple-asking-kaspersky-security-advice-193150

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Updated:
    https://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/kasp...security-after-spate-of-malware-attacks/76735

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.