Kaspersky IS beta freeze

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rendez2k, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rendez2k

rendez2k Registered Member

I've been testing the new KIS beta and while it appears to no-longer cause a BSOD it does appear to have completely frozen my PC twice (as in I've had to do a hard reset). I can only assume it is a KIS issue as it didn't do it before Saturday :)

Anyone else seen anything similar?

2. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Hi,

No offence but it is to be expected with Kaspersky betas. They aren't as nice and polished during testing (unlike some other companies who label release candidates as betas) and the best thing to do is try and capture when this happens with the tracer utility and make contact with the beta forum. Also keep an eye out for new builds as they may solve your problems.

3. rendez2k

rendez2k Registered Member

Yeah I kind of expected a few issues with the beta. So two questions: whats the tracer utility and where is the best place to keep an eye on for new builds? I'm assuming it won't auto-update?

On a side note - after the beta has finished how do I install the new final? Will I loose my settings etc? And on an even further side note, is heuristics a good thing to turn on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.