Kaspersky Free Antivirus Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mops21, Sep 3, 2015.

1. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

If you knew him you would know he never checks the stuff he copies and pastes.

2. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Yes the english Version is gone

I found this infos on Malwaretips

With best Regards
    Mops21

3. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

KFA .378 beta was there for a while but has been deleted from servers again... anyway it seems it has installing issues...

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Attached Files:

• kav.PNG
      kav.PNG
      File size:
      16.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  5. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

6. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

It seems in Your screen-shot You downloaded KAV but not KFA...

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

could be right. it is a beta I downloaded. but it is working well.

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

There is no KFA on that link...

9. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Hi

As i understand it this free Av lacks the "system watcher" part that is in their internet security etc and any type of HIPS/process protection. Anyone testing it that can confirm/comment on this fact.

10. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I downloaded Kaspersky Free from Kaspersky Russia website.
    Installed it. Installed ZenVPN & selected Russia/St. Petersburg connection & activated Kaspersky Free. I tried Proxy server first in Kaspersky Proxy settings for activation but was getting localization or internet error for activation. ZenVPN worked fine.
    Disabled Kaspersky self protection & exited it.
    Changed Kaspersky from Russian to English with following steps-
    Russian to English 64 Bits
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP16.0.1\environment
    Localization: en
    LocalizationAuto:0
    LocalizationList:en
    Ins_localization:en
    Started Kaspersky Free, it was in English now, enabled self protection & updated fine & no probs.

11. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

I would never do so much work to install russian version, if they don't release english so be it , no kaspersky.

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I like Kaspersky, but I just can't be bothered hacking it so much. They should just release free version to English speaking users as well.

13. StillBorn

StillBorn Registered Member

So... what's the real deal on this? I'm currently swinging on questionably the left side of the fence since my "Bitdefender freebie" never gives a clear indication as to whether the app is or will ever will update as opposed to the signatures. Sure ... the Bitdefender does its scanner runs and updates on the signatures for sure. Way curious to know if Kaspersky (1) will break out with an english version,... meh... yada yada... (2), (3), etc.. keep the sigs updated and give a clue as to whether or not the application is actually updated. My biggest qualm with the bitdefender freebie is that they barely give a clue as to whether or not they give the application an update as opposed to the virus/antimalware sigs. If Kaspersky can manage to handle the same coverage with better notifications as to whether or not the actual application is updated...done deal..

14. haakon

haakon Guest

If you're talking about BD Free AntiVirus, components are updated in the background. Last I checked, Active Virus Control components (i.e. the avcuf64.dll and avcuf32.dll injectors) are the version running in BD 2016.

AVC databases (avc3.hxi, etc.) are updated on a regular basis, same as the premiums.

The BD Core SCanner and B-HAVE haven't been updated in years for any product and it's doubtful they ever will be.

Everything else is in their Nimbus cloud services and handled by the Gonzales engine (its version is what you see in the GUI) which doesn't need updating. It works great. Well, in 10 not so much... Yawn.

As for notifications, BD Free AV was designed to be real, real quiet and they are pretty clear about that on their Web site.

If you're talking about a free "Bitdefender engine" product, there's not a one of 'em worth a hoot. So, yeah... Kaspersky Free.

Jan 26 edit: As we speak... BD updated the avcuf injectors today, 3.11 to 3.12.

[/off topic]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
  15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

If BitDefender cares so little about the free users, I frankly can't take them seriously as a security company. They are so full of it they don't even bother stating it's not compatible with Windows 10. Which means people will install it, on the outside it looks like it's working fine, but in reality, it provides sub par protection. Very bad business practice.

16. haakon

haakon Guest

A prominent notice should be posted at the top of the Web site for those too lazy to read the system requirements.

With 10 just bumping 10% of the installed base to date, why should BD care? Plenty of other free lunch offerings out there otherwise.

However, BD Free AV for 8 and previous Windows presents 100% access to their Cloud scanning and filtering services, Active Virus Control (and its updates) and network IDS. None of which is available in any free "Bitdefender engine" product. BD Free AV is seriously serious free protection.

I'm done. Thanks.

[/off topic]

17. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Because maybe some people, I don't know, don't want to go to Windows 10 because their BitDefender Free is known to crumble into peaces on Windows 10 and people don't want that to happen so they just stick with old OS?

18. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

@RejZoR :
    Please adjust Your sense of reality.

People, outside Wilders, don't even think about there AV. (Whether it is compatible, or not)
    They just upgrade to WIN10, because they are pushed by MS.

19. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

They will.

Anatoly Tkachev:

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Which makes it even more worse. People say BD Free is good, those clueless people install it, thinking they have a badass protection where in reality they are using a product that doesn't even support latest OS. We know BD Free runs on Win10 without special signs, but we also know it's heavily crippled and cannot be something to rely on for protection.

As for Windows 10 upgrading, that's what YOU think. The reality is, casual people are resisting it on ALL ENDS. Because like with Vista, they heard from sister's boyfriends friend who has a dog who's friend with the dogs cousin who told him how much Windows 10 sucks. And they'll stay away from it with their life if needed.

No matter how you turn it, you'll realize I'm right. Because I know I am. I've been working with "clueless" people for too long not to know their habits when it comes to how they adopt (or resist) software.

21. kerykeion

kerykeion Registered Member

Back to topic ;) This product is quote interesting, as I'm using KAV. Once, an english version is natively available and working on Win10, I'll be testing this out.

22. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

How does this Russian Free kaspersky differ from paid Av or IS

23. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

I used same steps to test this but always got this image while activation.http://s21.postimg.org/pr5xcfp2v/Capture.jpg

Update:
    Its working

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  24. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Is it against the law to "crack" it? I think so ...

25. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

Something strange. I tested with eicar.
    It downloads the file and then detects it. Although it has web protection, I dont think its working.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.