Kaspersky A-V Personal Pro -> BSOD

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Angry Little Man, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just installed Kaspersky A-V Personal Pro. I kept getting a "blue screen of death" right after I installed it. I could not restart normally at all; I had to restart in safe mode and remove the program. Why does this happen? Could it possibly be because I have other antiviruses installed at the same time (i.e. BitDefender)? I would be thankful if I got a helpful response.

2. dog

dog Guest

That could be a likely culprit, especially if you tired to run both AVs resident, even running one on demand and one resident, can sometimes cause issues.. If you want to trial KAV Pro, I would suggest you un-install BitDefender, reboot, install KAV, reboot, and update the database.

HTH, ;)

Steve

3. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

depends which version of BD do you have installed, the free version 7.2 which is On Demand only or do have 8 with the resident scanner enabled. I have successfully used KAV 5 personal and BD 7.2, as have many others here.

EDIT-- dog beat me to it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.