Kaspersky 7 still has major issues

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I wouldn't be surprised if you got no further responses. :rolleyes:

My DOS command prompt CHKDSK ran for under 5 minutes on a 40 GB hard drive with 20% used area. I used to run the program a lot on my Windows 3.1 system with a 200MB hard drive. It executed in just a few seconds. But I have never ever used any Kaspersky product, so can't say how doing so would impact CHKDSK.

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I wouldn't be surprised either, considering ZoneAlarm's support is, well, flaky from what I've seen so far, but anyway, having a reply would definitely help! :)

Oh, BTW, I missed your previous post, and to answer that question, I asked the ZA support team about this iSwift issue and its relation to ZoneAlarm's AV and Security Suite. (along with a few other non-related queries). They tell me to submit undetected samples directly to Kaspersky when I told them that I receive a failure notice when I try to send malicious files directly to ZoneAlarm. :rolleyes:

3. sunrise

sunrise Registered Member

sorry, was reading through this thread as well as the chkdisk thread in kaspersky forums, but could not really comprehend 100% on the problem..sorry..

Can i ask if the chkdisk problem mention by the users is:

after installing KIS, when they run chkdisk under dos prompt, they experience stage 2 hang, or sometimes chkdisk fail to complete or complete with errors.

Or after installing KIS, KIs will cause (or may be the cause) chkdisk to run automatically upon reboot or startup of computer?

4. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Both issues have been reported and are possible, however it appears scenario #1 is a lot more common than scenario #2.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Oh geez, give me a friggining break. Common? Yeah they are very common and have been for years

6. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

No need for the "Oh geez, give me a friggining break" comment. He was just asking for some clarification.

BTW, I did a chkdisk scan two days ago and my computer zipped through all stages without a problem. Must be something particular to a certain setup or hard drive. And, yes, I'm running Kaspersky.

Have a good day, everyone.

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

True, I apologize.

8. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

OOOHHH and who is acting irrational? I got your goat didn't I? Scared silly because you couldn't live if Kaspersky is taken down? That could happen. I know it can be done. I just don't want to bother with the hassle.

I'll say it again. I have ONE security program that runs in real time. That is ProcessGuard. I have Avira Premium that has no Guard installed or email scanner installed. I use it as on demand only and I have never done a full scan. I have no other Security programs except Spybot that I run on demand at the most once a month if I happen remember to do so. I also have Spyware Blaster which I don't keep up to date as I just can't remember to update it.

Errr...I haven't done a clean install in "years"? And how did you automagically wave a wand a make this computer older than 16 months? You also seem to have magically forgotten that I use VMWare Workstation 5.5 and I do my AV testing there. I haven't tested anything though in over a year even on VMWare. So, could you list for me all this security stuff I have installed on this computer for "YEARS" even though the computer is only 16 months old and what tests I do are on a virtual machine? I have had Bit Defender, Kaspersky and F-Prot on this computer. Bit Defender and F-Prot uninstall very cleanly. It is only your precious AV that fxxks with one's computer and has no respect for its users.

I really think you should be careful before you shoot your mouth off when you have no facts to back up the drivel that pours forth. Obviously, you are unable to civilly defend Kaspersky against these serious charges so you resort to ad homenium attacks. You make Kaspersky look really good...yeah...your behavior just reinforces my belief that Kaspersky to some extent became so arrogant because of people like you who are so terrified of getting a virus that you will put up with anything to have the one AV that can "save your soul".

9. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

That is an outstanding post. You have summarized the situation beautifully and with grace which I have trouble doing because I feel so betrayed and that makes me very angry.

I have only the one internal drive and an external one. The internal one is getting full (only 160GB) and I am about to purchase a new 320GB Seagate SATA3 with NCQ and 16MB cache scrumptious drive but I have to wait for Office Max to get some more as they were just put on the boat today so that means at least a month before they arrive. Anyhow, my question is that after I get this new drive and set it up, if I copy all the files off the current drive onto it that will remove the Object Identifiers ..right...or will I have to then copy them all back to the current drive? (I'm not getting rid of the current drive...I have 4 internal drive bays). Maybe something like this will be my best bet right? Although if Kaspersky is finally talking to Microsoft about this maybe Microsoft will be able to bail out all of us including Kaspersky.

10. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

LOL :rolleyes: o_O

Thanks for replying back to my earlier question. I also found the answer on the ZA website.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I am wondering if unchecking iswift in each scanner would help with this issue.

12. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

If by issue you mean creation of file object id's, the answer is..., sort of.

The realtime monitor appears to create them when files are accessed, so any file accessed on the system will get them even if all places where iSwift can be enabled/disabled within the GUI (which cover demand/scheduled scans) are unchecked.

Blue

13. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

It may be possible to disable iSwift in each KAV clone that uses it by using a command line switch, but the problem is that I don't know if such a switch exists and how to use it. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.