kaspersky 6 scan and trojan removal

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mariofenech, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariofenech

mariofenech Registered Member

I just installed kaspersky 6 and scanned my Pc.It found a trojan who was almost everywhere trojan.win32.small.jr.
    The kaspersky couldnt delete it as when i reboot it comes out again and its telling me its write protected.
    So it was removed to the back up by the antivirus itself.By mistake i went to the reports and make select all reports and discard all and now the kaspersky is not finding the virus anymore..i think its skipping it..anyone could help??

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Re: Question on Kaspersky 6

It's not skipping, the only way it would skip is if you put it in trustedzone = exclusion, check those and do a scan with "Scan my computer" settings in high and with system restore dísabled.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    You must be logged in as an Administrator to do this. If you are not logged in as an Administrator, the System Restore tab will not be displayed.
    Turning off System Restore will clear out all previous restore points.

To turn off Windows XP System Restore:

NOTE: These instructions assume that you are using the default Windows XP Start Menu and have not changed to the Classic Start menu. To re-enable the default menu, right-click Start, click Properties, click Start menu (not Classic) and then click OK.

1. Click Start.
    2. Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the System Restore tab.
    4. Check "Turn off System Restore"
    5. Click Apply.
    6. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this.
    7. Click OK, reboot and do the scan.

3. mariofenech

mariofenech Registered Member

Thanks a lot...you where very helpfull.
    The exclusions list is empty so i assume that the virus was deleted as the kaspersky 6 is not reporting it anymore.All i did and tought it was wrong is that i went to the backup and used the discard all function for all the virusus.This function told me that the viruses will stay on my pc but the kaspersky couldnt spot them anymore.This virus was under the name of LPT9.LMB as a trojan.win32.small.jr in all system start up files almost in 24 places.
    Very well done to this antivirus..for me its the best..better than the 5 version as it couldnt repair my problem.
    Rescannig again at the moment...
    Thanks again
    Mario

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Then you're ok, if you deleted (discarded) from backup, then they are deleted permanently, but you can also restore from backup in case you should ever need that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.