Kaspersky 6 A/V for 18.99? Suite for 29.99?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Crappopotamus, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

2. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

It looks legit IMO.

3. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

Looks like if the key did'nt activate he would be getting dinged with neg. feedback..

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Check some of the other KAV 6.0 offers on that page?
    There are some cheaper deals ending in the next 2-4 days. Even with shipping for a cd.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I recently bought a boxed copy of KAV6 for $17.39 including shipping. Since then most go for a total of around $20. Still a great deal.
    There was recently an offer of 2 years of KIS6 for $50. It may be listed again as there were over 80 available, and not that many sold.

I bought a 3 year license of F-Secure Internet suite for about $32. I have not received it yet, and do not plan to install it immediately as I have until July on my one year trial. I hope the suite runs as smoothly as the AV. I may be able to disable the firewall if I don't like it, but am not sure.

In the past I bought Norton, and never had trouble on ebay.

Jerry

6. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I don't think the FW can be disabled as the only option I saw during the installation process was to turn on parental control or not. Once it learns your programs you will hardly ever notice it except for the more serious threats. A check of the FW log will show you it is doing it's job (in this way it reminds me of TMIS's FW).

When I play graphic extensive games I usually turn the AV off. F-Secure is different in the way it does this--it gives you two options; either to unload just the AV (with antispyware and BlackLight) and keep the FW running or unload the whole suite. I have noticed though when I select the latter option the Windows firewall is turned on so it still has some protection.

When I had KAV I had to turn it off during defragging or it would take 5 times as long. I do not have to turn off F-Secure during defrag which is kind of confusing since it uses KAV's scanning engine.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

kaspersky is more through that f-secure.
    you just need to put the diskeeper processes in exclusions with the option do not scan open files.
    then it runs fine.
    lodore

8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks for the information. It sounds as if I am going to like the suite. I have never used a suite, except the Avira beta. I did like it and my problems were not firewall related. I do like F-Secure AV, and hope the firewall inclusion runs as well as the AV.

Jerry

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

jerry in a pc mag i noticed theres a custom option in the uninstaller once you install it you can go to add/remove programs and run the custom option to see what you can remove.
    lodore

10. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Do you have an address?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

11. midway40

lodore, if you are referring to the "add/remove" uninstaller, I checked it out this evening when I got home from work. This is what I was presented with:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4236/fsecuresmyp7.jpg

As you can see the option "Remove selected features" is grayed out for some reason. I have uninstalled FS before but don't remember this.

12. lodore

lodore Registered Member

yup thats the screenshot.
    if you look on your screenshot the second option says remove selected features and thats the option i was talking about.
    i dont know what you can remove with it thou since i only saw it in a pc mag after i got rid of f-secure.
    i talked about this feature just incase jerry didnt want some of the feature he could uninstall them while keeping the rest.
    lodore

13. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks. It appears that the firewall cannot be removed, however, I want to try it anyway, and am not aware of it being troublesome. If it is as trouble free as the AV, I will be happy with it.

Best,
    Jerry

14. midway40

I was just wondering why it is grayed out to begin with unless it is something that was left over from FSIS '06. It may have been an option then but not now. I am not sure about this because I never had the '06 suite version, just the AV only version that came with my satellite internet installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.